The Jack Breslin Student Events Center, one of the premier facilities in the country, serves as home to the Michigan State Spartans. Opened in November of 1989, it seats 14,759 for basketball.
The $43-million facility is named in honor of “Mr. MSU,” Jack Breslin, who prior to his death in August of 1988, was a senior consultant to former MSU President Dr. John DiBaggio. Breslin was the captain and most valuable player of the 1945 football team. He also earned varsity letters in baseball and basketball and was the 1946 senior class president. He worked for the university for more than 30 years, serving since 1969 as vice president for administration and public affairs before retiring in 1986.
* The Breslin Center has been sold out for 178 regular-season games entering the 2009-10 season.
* With more than 3,000 members, the Izzone is one of the rowdiest student sections in the nation.
* The 2009-10 campaign marks the Spartans’ 21st season in the Breslin Center.
* From 1998-2002, the Spartans won 53 straight games at the Breslin Center establishing a Big Ten record.
* Michigan State is 267-39 all-time at the Breslin Center, a winning percentage of .873.
* More than 4.4 million fans have attended games in the 20-year history of the Breslin Center.
* Michigan State has ranked in the top 25 in attendence all 20 years of the Breslin Center.
* Fourteen of the 15 NCAA Champions since 1995 have played a game at the Breslin Center during Tom Izzo's head coaching career.